You like to have fun and ski a day with family and friends in the resort but also go next to the piste and rock through any snow or fly through the trees, here is your fun everyday piste and more tool.
The WHYMPER is a MEDIUMLIGHT downhill ski. It is fun on the piste and in between the trees.
The long and high nose tip lets the ski arise and float it diminishes the risk to plunge into the snow, and permits you to lean more forward or to stay equilibrated NO MORE LEANING BACK. Having the gravity of your body balanced and centered helps you save a lot of energy and permits you additional reactivity.
With an extra crossband of carbon just in front of the foot you get immediate response and high momentum on the front part of the ski.
Extreme reactive. The bottom sheet from ISOSPORT 7510 is highest racing standard.
A solid and fun downhill ski permitting you to surf and shred all snow and all terrain. On-piste, next to the piste, or in the big mountains When skiing balanced in an equilibria middle position you have an absolute exceptional relaxed experience. Pivot and ride easily for an incredible big mountain experience. Performing also extremely well on-piste.
Curves come easy, yet once you put some pressure on the edges it will hang on the snow hard and it will give a precise and determined control.
It is made for any level of skier that wants to ski effortless in difficult and very technical terrain or just wants to pivot between the trees. A ski mutant. Light enough for short and medium long touring.
– Downhill oriented and dominating free-mars-ski [FREEMA]
– Suited for short to medium long touring
– Mutant ski, versatile off-piste and on-piste, one for all ski, good on any snow conditions
– Solid and firm, efficient in the curves, pivots easily, shreds through everything
– Short and flat camber has less contact with the snow makes you save a lot of muscular energy
– Bottom sheet pro quality race level with 15% carbon [ISOSPORT 7500]
– High rising super nose spatula minimizing the risk to plunge into the snow
– Pro components, tail shock absorber, binding inlays, steel race edges, make a highly durable, tough and solid ski
– Firm-flex and stiff-torsion, enhanced by vibration absorbing technology
The SUPER ROCKER has less surface that is in contact with the snow and therefore it facilitates turns and permits you to pivot.
The ski in combination of the MEDIUM LIGHT GLASSFIBER CONSTRUCTION is solid and dominating and permits you to shred trough any snow conditions. Turns come effortlessly and secure.
The short surface contact makes the ski vivid and agile. The FIRM-FLEX has been engineered to accentuate the super rocker short and flat camber; you can give maximum pressure under your foot instantly to the snow. The ski is made for any skier that wants to enjoy the art of effortless fun.
The super rocker has an early and proportional high front rise that reduces the risk that the tip plunges in the snow, thus permitting you to ski always relaxed at midpoint.
CONSTRUCTED with two layers of Fiberglass on top a poplar wood core and underneath two layers of Fiberglass. Strengthened in the upper middle and below the foot by additional phenol-plates inlayed to reinforce the screws of the bindings, an X-tape of newest carbon ﬁber and a ribbon of carbon-Kevlar in the tip. Manufactured where all ﬁber layers, above and below, completely traverse the ski covering the sidewalls, this technic adds a lot of strength.
|Whymper 80 SUPER ROCKER MEDIUM LIGHT|
|Total Flat Length (cm)||156||164||172||180||188|
|Width Measures: |
Front, Middle,Back (mm)
|Radius Average (m)||14||15||16||18||20|
|Radius Center (m)||12||13||14||16||18|
|Nose Rise Length (mm)||270||275||290||305||320|
|Tail Length (mm)||80||80||80||80||80|
|Front Rocker Length (mm)||120||130||140||150||160|
|Back Rocker Length (mm)||120||130||140||150||160|
|Running Length (mm)||990||1040||1080||1120||1160|
|Camber Height (mm)||4||4||4||4||4|
|Nose Height (mm)||62||62||62||62||62|
|Tail Height (mm)||14||14||14||14||14|
|Middle Boot From Tail (mm)|
including tail protection (mm)
01BASE SHEET IS 7500
• Made of premium crosslink polyethylene.
• Good abrasion resistance, very low stress level.
• Modified with wax for better gliding.
The steel racing edge provides smooth flex and minimal friction resistance.
The main characteristics of stainless steel are as follows:
• High durability
• Good ductility
• Optimal gliding behaviour
• Improved adhesion
• High mechanical strength
Thin rubber used between the metal edge and fiberglass layers to minimize shearing-induced delamination.
Equalising temperature-related expansion and differing stress-strain coefficients.
Suitability for use over a wide temperature range.
Vibration damping up to the point of component decoupling.
0406FIBER GLASS 60-24
E-glass fibre products are particularly resistant to abrasion and vibration and have excellent flexibility. The glass thread has a higher specific resistance (tensile strength/volumetric mass) than that of steel. This feature makes it possible to develop glass threads that reinforce high performance composites.
The main characteristics of Fiberglass are as follows:
• Good resistance to abrasion and vibrations
• Excellent dielectric strength
• Excellent dimensional stability
05POPLAR WOOD CORE
FSC certified forest management.
Poplar wood is tough, with high mechanical strength and strong corrosion resistance; moderate hardness and strength.
Poplar woodcore have several advantages such as:
• Very good ratio of weight, flexibility, stability and torsion,
• Low weight when compared to other cores
• Flexible application possibilities,
FSC ® Label
07TOP SHEET 5275
The main characteristics of polyamides are :
• Resistance to aging over long periods.
• High mechanical strength and high rigidity.
• Functional tenacity even at low temperatures.
• Excellent dielectric properties.
• Good resistance to abrasion.
08PHENOL REINFORCEMENT FOR BINDING
In this material, the high-strength papers are impregnated with phenolic resins and compressed into sheets of durable, durable and reactive material.
This material is characterized by its excellent mechanical properties to hold the srews in place.
09VIBRATION & CRACKING REDUCER
BAND(basalt – fiber+carbon-fiber + aramid fiber)
The unidirectional ribbon is composed from a carbon frame that surrounds a large basalt and kevlar fiber core in a continuous weft.
The Carbon frame provides:
• High stiffness
• High tensile strength
• Excellent impact resistance
The Basalt & Kevlar core provides:
• Excellent dielectric insulation
• High modulus of elasticity
• Excellent vibration damping
CROSS-BAND(carbon fiber + fiberglass)
The ribbon is unidirectional carbon fiber with continuous weft. It is a light and open reinforcement.
• Narrow ribbons
• Excellent alignment of fibers
• Less crimped with good mechanical properties at 0°
• Ensures the rigidity and stability of the parts
11SIDE WALL ABS
- Especially designed for winter sport applications.
- Charpy impact strength notched: +23 C°/-25C°
- ISO DUR ID1000-147
12HEEL SHOCK ABSORBER
The material we use is ELASTOLLAN R1000 from BASF.
Glass fibre reinforced thermoplastic Polyester-Polyurethane-Elastomer with exceptional properties, very
high impact resistance, high modulus with at the same time elasticity, low coefficient of thermal expansion
comparable with steel and aluminium.
• Modulus of elasticity – tensile test : 1000MPa
• Density : 1.36g/cm
• Hardness : 60 Shore D
• Glass-fiber content : 20%
• Tensile strength : 50MPa
• Impact + notch strength : +23 / -30
Injected by Injection 74
Racing universal wax 500G orange.
Ski wax improves the coefficient of friction performance under varying snow conditions.
Universal 500G designed to match with the varying properties of snow, including crystal type and size, and moisture content of the snow surface, which vary with temperature of the snow.
Bio Based resin is outcoming from the latest innovations in bio-based chemistry.
Bio Based resin is produced with a high content of carbon from plant origin.
The bio-based Carbon content of our supplier’s system is certified by an independent laboratory using Carbon 14 measurements (ASTM D6866 or XP CEN/TS 16640)
This is a significant technological advance on the following points: Clarity, colour, performances and guarantees of industrial tonnages availability.